Staff Accountant - Baltimore
The ideal candidate will be responsible for month-end close, GAAP procedures, reconciliations, postings, and process improvement analytics. Communication, a sharp eye for detail, stellar customer service, and efficiency are the vital keys to success in this role. We’re looking for someone who is highly organized, a kind yet effective communicator (verbal and written), and able to prioritize accordingly in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced atmosphere.
What is the day to day?
· Cash & corporate card postings and account reconciliations
· Maintaining the subledger and reconciliations for prepaid expenses & fixed assets
· Processing and reconciling intercompany transactions
· Maintaining inventory counts and reconciliations
· Review and analyze transactions posted to the general ledger to ensure accurate accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company Policy.
· Prepare financial reports that are informative and insightful to management in driving business success.
· Analyze processes and procedures to assist the department in developing best practices, creating efficiencies, generating accurate data, and improving the control environment.
What do you need to apply?
· CPA or CPA Track in place
· Possess the ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines
· Establish open lines of communication with our vendors, fellow employees, and any other stakeholders to ensure we’re all on the same page
· Have proficient knowledge in using Microsoft Office Suite software (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
· Be able to work individually and collaboratively in a vibrant (read: sometimes loud) open-office atmosphere
· Have at least 1-3 years’ relevant experience in accounting
It’s even better if you have…
· Proficiency using Netsuite, Ultipro, Blackline
· Public Accounting experience
· GAAP/GL Accounting/debits and credits/month end close work