Systems Admin I/II
Veritas Partners has MULTIPLE openings for System Engineers & Administrators, Levels I, II, and III in the greater Columbia/Laurel, MD area! Successful candidates will be responsible for managing and supporting enterprise applications in a diverse computing environment with multiple real-time integration points. This includes analyzing You will also provide project and business analysis support to strategic projects, internal process improvements, system upgrades, and the integration of key business systems in order to effectively and efficiently utilize company information systems!
· Collaborates with end users, analysts, peer system administrators, and management in conceptualizing the development of new software integrations and applications by analyzing existing workflow and understanding current system challenges in order to meet operational needs in a cost effective manner. Responsible for identifying needs and analyzing existing applications for potential enhancements to business processes thereby leveraging existing software features.
· Develops technological solutions for processes and/or workflow by performing analysis and providing automation improvements. Validates results by testing programs and aids with new procedures. Assists with solving organization information problems.
· Provides technical support for projects in support of system requirements evaluating options and developing project plans to ensure appropriate coordination and sequencing of tasks.
· Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of application systems. Installs and supports server and PC based software. This includes actively reviewing new enhancements/features, coordinating updates, and making recommendations regarding vendor/application direction and fit within infrastructure.
· In conjunction with (cooperation with) IT Architect and vendors, (following SQL best practices), provides administration and technical support for in house database servers.
· Investigates and resolves enterprise application functionality issues. Provides second level troubleshooting support for core system issues and ancillary applications.
· Develops and modifies job control language and/or adjusts system parameters according to documentation to incorporate new features and/or resolve production issues, depending on the given needs and requests.
· If feasible, identifies opportunities and gathers business needs /requirements to utilize existing APIs and SDKs. Writes, translates, codes, and maintains software integrations and applications according to specifications. Develops programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications, as necessary.
· Produces core system reports and data extracts in various formats and delivery channels based on end user requirements. Supports user departments with accurate and timely responses to requests for information Creates and maintains forms with core system integration based on user requests.
· Performs appropriate research and testing, in addition to following change management protocols to implement change requests, new business processes, or applications.
· Establishes and coordinates backup and recovery procedures for applications and databases in conjunction with network administrators. Verifies and tests Disaster Recovery of all software applications.
Education & Experience:
· Level I – BS in the field of Information Systems or related field desired, and at least 2-3 years related work experience required; without a degree a minimum of 5+ years as outlined below.
· Level II – BS in the field of Information Systems, or related field and at least 3-5 years related work experience required; without a degree a minimum of 7+ years as outlined below.
· Knowledge of relational database and query concepts.
· Experience with Relationaal Database Software. Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of databases (i.e. MSSQL, Oracle, Access).
· Knowledge and experience supporting applications in a WAN environment.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft suite of desktop applications
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies and concepts to include LAN/WAN/Firewall.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming and scripting languages, including Java, .NET, SQL, and Perl a plus.
- Knowledge of financial institution systems (ie. Core processing, reporting, etc.) a plus.
- Preferred certifications include: CBAP, MCTS (Database), MCITP (Database), MCSA, PMP
- Ability to create and organize reports that synthesize complex information.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial and operational data