Systems Administrators (lvl 2)
The Systems Administrator is a newly created opportunity within a market leading financial institution with over 50 years in business. Located at the organizations headquarters in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, the System Administrator II position will provide exposure to a variety of technical support including managing enterprise applications in a diverse computing environment, strategic project and business analysis support, internal process improvement and system upgrades, and application and end user support. In addition to a competitive base compensation range this opportunity will offer excellent career mobility and highly competitive benefits. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 plus years of experience including experience with financial institutions systems.
Systems Administrator – Level II Job Description
· Provide direct end user support, investigates and resolves enterprise application functionality issues, and provides second level troubleshooting support for core system issues.
· identifies needs of new and existing applications and analyzes applications for potential enhancements to business processes thereby leveraging existing software features.
· coordinates with end users, analysts, system administrator team, and technical leadership team in conceptualizing the development of new software integrations and applications
· Work with internal IT & business teams, outside consultants, and vendors to implement new software and upgrade existing applications following best practices and standards.
· Collaborate with development and infrastructure teams to understand application changes and their impact on business services and systems.
· Writes, translates, codes, and maintains software integrations and applications according to specifications.
· Develops programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
· Produces core system reports and data extracts in various formats and delivery channels based on end user requirements
· Perform reporting development through a variety of tools and SQL queries
· Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
· Participates in disaster recovery planning through coordinating backup and recovery procedures for applications and databases in conjunction with network administrators.
Systems Administrator – Level II Job Requirements
· 3-5 years related work experience with BS in related IT field of study
· 6+ years related work experience without a BS degree
· Experience with financial institution systems highly preferred
· Knowledge of relational database and query concepts.
· Candidates must successfully complete a background clearance and meet credit check standards