Tax Manager - Baltimore
The Tax Manager is a newly created position within an award winning global professional services organization based in Baltimore at the company’s headquarters. Additionally, this is an opportunity to join a high-growth, dynamic organization and gain corporate experience within a variety of tax functions including all aspects of partnership federal, state and local tax compliance activities for the company in coordination with outside tax advisors. Offering a competitive base compensation range to $110,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits, this is an excellent opportunity for candidates with 4 years of public accounting looking to transition into a growing company and known industry leader. Company has been recognized as one of the top places to work in Baltimore market based on a work culture dedicated to employee development. This position will offer the flexibility to work from home.
- Prepare workpapers for all federal, state, and local income partnership returns, quarterly estimated tax calculations, and other tax filings required.
- Review tax returns and estimated tax calculations prepared by outside tax advisors.
- Communicate directly with partners and their accountants on partnership tax matters, estimated tax information, and applicable distributions.
- Oversee the partner tax distribution process.
- Handle the filing and payment of quarterly estimates and extensions.
- Manage state nexus inquiries and maintain state apportionment workpapers.
- Respond to state tax notices and audit requests.
- Implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the tax compliance function.
- Monitor proposed changes in tax laws and evaluate their impact to the partnership.
- Manage relationships with the outside tax advisors and other consulting resources.
- Serve as a trusted resource to partners and executive leadership on all partnership tax related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required.
- CPA or Masters in Taxation is preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience. Experience in public accounting preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of US federal and state partnership tax.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related working experience