Technical Support Engineer
Veritas Partners has an immediate opening for an energetic and dedicated Technical Support Engineer to be a key contributor in solving today’s Cyber Security needs. In this capacity, the engineer will serve as a customer interface concentrating on IT security, encryption, and key management. A key focus will be on the implementation and configuration of core products, which may include integrations with the customers’ applications. In addition, the candidate will provide technical leadership and guidance to the customer support team under general guidance while keeping Support management informed of status, priority changes, and problems.
- B.A./B.S. degree required (preferably Computer Science, Information Services or a related field).
- 5+ years of experience in customer support and testing using relevant skills.
- Experience in deploying and integrating systems and applications
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Performed moderate to complex testing and analysis tasks for software and hardware based security products.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Must have excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills, written and verbal.
- A detail-oriented individual is essential with solid time management skills.
- Working knowledge of incident tracking systems: (CRM, Salesforce, MKS, Service-Now, Zendesk, or IssueTrak)
- Strong ability to track and drive multiple customer issues to closure simultaneously
- Strong networking skills are required with knowledge of one or many of the following: Cisco, Juniper, Synology, Netgear, NetApp, Nutanix, and Quantum equipment.
- Strong fundamentals of a variety of Operating Systems (Windows/Solaris/MAC) and Networking
- Excellent experience operating and building virtual environments using VMware
- Strong understanding of various Layer 1, 2, 3 networking protocols and topologies.
Solid understanding of network security protocols and algorithms (e.g. IPsec, SSL, encryption,
- authentication, etc.)
- Experience with testing tools such as Wireshark, JMeter, Solarwinds, IPswitch Syslog Server
- Proficient with HSM policies, application development, and programming interfaces (API)
- Working experience with Cryptographic APIs: PKCS#11, MS CAPI/CNG, JCA/JCE
- HSM deployment architecture experience is a plus
- Experience in customer training on installed solutions
- Experience in a direct customer facing (e.g. presales, consultancy) role
- Strong technical writing skills
- Relevant security or professional certifications (CISM, CISA, CISSP) are a plus
- Perform on-site issue resolution in support of Intel and other government customers
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide analysis reports
- Interact with the Engineering and Test teams to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to build complex customer environments, execute test and document solutions
- Ability to be on call during non-business hours and address customer issues during nights and weekends
· Perform usability test to ensure support team’s readiness to support new releases before deployment.
· Provide documentation as appropriate including inputs for end-user documentation.
- Serve as post-sales support for professional services when needed
- Develop and deliver documentation packages for customers as defined