VP of Development
· Identify new development opportunities through land acquisition - independently or in conjunction with other developers.
· Manage day-to-day activities of development projects, including the oversight of project contractors, consultants, and/or JV partners, and coordinate and lead all related development meetings.
· Work closely with Investment Analyst team members supporting the underwriting and preparation of project due diligence and feasibility analysis of potential development projects, including Investment Committee packages.
· Lead negotiation, with support of counsel, of legal documents including joint venture structure documents, purchase and sale agreements, ground leases, pre-development agreements, professional service agreements with consultants and contractors, tenant leases, etc.
· Track and maintain project schedule, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
· Track development budgets related to assigned projects.
· Prepare and present project status reports to SR VP, Development, Fund Managers, other key members of our client's leadership and other stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Business, or a related field.
· Advanced Degree preferred (MBA, MS)
· Minimum of seven years of experience in real estate development and/or construction, with demonstrated knowledge of the real estate development and construction processes, including analytical understanding of real estate investments.
· Demonstrated prior experience in all stages of real estate development including financial analysis, budgeting, legal documentation, design, entitlement, financing, construction, leasing, delivery, etc.